Managing IP's U.S. Patent Forum, March 19, 2013 in Washington D.C.
Managing IP, in association with Delaware IP Law Blog, invites you to attend the second annual US Patent Forum March 19, 2013 at the Willard InterContinental in Washington D.C. www.managingip.com/USPatentForum2013
Free for in-house patent counsel, academics and R&D professionals.
One year on from the AIA, we will assess the patent landscape in the United States and look at strategies to achieve maximum value from your patent portfolio.
On the agenda:
• Two keynote addresses by USPTO’s Teresa Stanek Rea and WIPO’s James Pooley
• AIA and NPEs: one year on
• Lessons from Canadian reforms
• Monetization of patents: strategies for deriving maximum value from your patent portfolio
• Life sciences & ITC industries focus
• Doing business in China: how to ensure your patented assets in China are making you money
• James Pooley, deputy director general for innovation and technology, World Intellectual Property Organization
• Teresa Stanek Rea, acting director general, United States Patent & Trademark Office
• Jim Crowne, director of legal affairs, AIPLA
• Paul R Michel, Chief Circuit Judge (retired)
• Vanessa Bailey, IPR litigation, Nokia Siemens Networks
• Richard Rainey, executive counsel and IP litigation, GE
• David L Marcus, VP, deputy general counsel, Comcast Cable Communications
• Joseph G Contrera, patent counsel, Johns Hopkins Technology Transfer
• Andrew Hirsch, general counsel, Fuelcor
• Heather Boussios, senior intellectual property counsel, Emergent BioSolutions
• Henry Hadad, VP, deputy general counsel, IP, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
• Vaishali Udupa, IP litigation counsel, Hewlett-Packard
• Camille-Remy Bogliolo, lawyer, international legal affairs, European Patent Office
• Raymond Niro, senior partner, Niro Haller & Niro
• Sherry Knowles, principal, Knowles Intellectual Property Strategies
For more details, visit http://www.managingip.com/stub.aspx?stubid=20311
"Excellent overviews of AIA from those who wrote it, those who will implement it, and those who must live with it" - Graham Douglas, IDDEX (2012)
"Assessments and points of view you won't find any place else" - Jim Farmer, Georgetown University (2012)
You will network with:
Accuray Inc, Americas Bankers Association, Boeing Company, CIENA, Department of Homeland Security, Eldelman, El Cap Ventures, Eli Lilly & Company, Embassy of Canada, Emergent BioSolutions, Ex-Nokia, George Washington University, Google, IC2 Institute - University of Texas, Intel, Intellectual Property Owners Association, INVISTA, IPXI, JDSU Corporation, JLG Industries, Johns Hopkins Technology Transfer, Johns Hopkins University, Magna International, Nestle, Nokia Siemens Networks, Palo Alto Research Center, Panasonic, Personalized Media Communications, Privaris, Sharp, Siemens Enterprise Communications, Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Tredegar Corporation, USPTO, US International Trade Commission, US International Trade Commission, Widener Law School and many more.
EASY WAYS TO REGISTER:
Register online: http://www.euromoneysecure.com/orders/gen/start.asp?cIndex=1731
We look forward to meeting you on March 19.