Managing IP's US Patent Reform Forum, Washington, D.C. March 27, 2012
As a supporter of the event, Delaware IP Law Blog invites you to attend the US Patent Reform Forum on March 27th in Washington D.C.
** Limited complimentary places left **
New speaker additions at the forum include Douglas Graham, executive director of IDDEX. Douglas is a fervent IP expert and author of books and many articles on Intellectual Assets. He also has had three patents granted and has two further patents pending. Douglas will be giving insight into the ways in which SME's will be affected by the reforms, confronting an issue which often doesn't see much coverage but which will affect many business owners and their counsel.
You will also be hearing from Teresa Stanek Rea, deputy under secretary of commerce for intellectual property and deputy director of the USPTO. Teresa will be giving the rule making overview and delivering perspective of the USPTO in a discussion which is to be chaired by the AIPLA's Todd Dickinson.
The forum’s exciting finale will consist of a debate between Daniel McCurdy and Raymond P. Niro who will be discussing the contentious topic of NPEs or Patent Trolls. Going head to head and engaging directly with this matter from opposing perspectives, these charismatic speakers will provide a unique opportunity to hear from both sides of the fence in the wake of the AIA.
Dan McCurdy, CEO of PatentFreedom, is devoted to the protection of companies against NPEs. His conviction in this defence against the trolls passionate and Dan plays a key role in collating and sharing relevant intelligence with the ‘operating companies’ which he strives to defend.
Conversely, Raymond Niro is known to some as an ‘Original Troll’. Raymond is devoted with equal fervour to the advancement of the NPE cause and can speak with charm and eloquence on the controversial stance which he takes. Together these men will offer a unique opportunity to scrutinise the issues at stake allowing time for audience participation and discussion with the floor also. This is an opportunity not to be missed.
Other speakers include:
• David Kappos, undersecretary of commerce for intellectual property and director, USPTO
• Judge Paul Michel
• Gary Griswold, president and chief intellectual property counsel, 3M Innovative Properties Company and former chairman, 21st Century Patent Reform
• Bob Stoll, former commissioner, USPTO and partner, Drinker Biddle & Reath
• Robert Armitage, senior VP and general counsel, Eli Lilly
• Steven Wood, patent licensing associate, Brookhaven National Laboratory
• Phil Johnson, chief intellectual property counsel, Johnson & Johnson
• Sherry Knowles, principle, Knowles Intellectual Property Strategies
• David T. Beck, Patent Attorney, JDS Uniphase Corporation
• F. Scott Kieff, professor of law, George Washington University
• Brent Bellows, Knowles Intellectual Property Strategies
• Steven I. Weisburd, partner, Dickstein Shapiro
• Gene Quinn, president & founder, IPWatchdog, Inc
For more information about the agenda, please see the brochure here: http://www.managingip.com/pdfs/USPatentForum.pdf.
Easy ways to register
Call +1 212 901 3828
* Please note that complimentary places are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
We look forward to meeting you on March 27th.